Update Service Configuration To Client Projects...

Jan 31, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I've noticed that after adding service references in the Process project, I have to copy the configuration of the bindings, and client endpoints to my UI projects.  I've been manually copying the <system.servicemodel> section from one config to the other, but today it occurred to me that the "Update Service Configuration To Client Projects..." might be the shortcut I'm looking for.  When I select it and let it run, it doesn't seem to update and of my UI configuration files, though.  I'm wondering if there is some precondition for this to work or if it is perhaps not yet implemented? :)

Coordinator
Feb 1, 2012 at 3:56 AM

Hi,

Your client Web config should have an empty section like the following:

<system.serviceModel>
    <client>
    </client>
  </system.serviceModel>

Then it should work fine.

Please take note the copy is not an intelligent copy as it will create duplicates on your client config if you keep using it. It is just something I quickly hacked up to help my developers to copy the configs because they seem to always forgotten about it.

Thanks

Hugs,
Serena 

Feb 2, 2012 at 7:56 AM

What if my client is a WPF app and only has the app.config? :)

Not that big of a deal, of course, just one little copy/paste, but if the guidance could do it for all the .UI projects, that would be pretty sweet too :)

Coordinator
Feb 2, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Edited Feb 2, 2012 at 8:01 AM

I think if your namespace ends with UI.Windows, it should work :)