Open VS2012 project in VS2010

Jun 19, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Hi Serena,

VS2012 is backwardly compatible as long as we are using 4.0 framework, we should be able to open a project created in vs2012. But when I do, I get the convert your project dialog. Any suggestions, I would like to edit the project in VS2012 utlizing the latests features but then I would like to use VS2010 to maintain the project. How can i accomplish this?

Also projects that were created using LASG in VS2010 when opened in VS2012, these projects open but I do not see the LASG menu options in the right click menu. I tried disabling LASG and then reenabling but that did not work. I do have EF5 and GAX installed.
Coordinator
Jun 20, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Hi,

I have not tried what you are doing but it sounds interesting. Anyway, LASG for VS 2010 ends at 1.0.0.6 and no further development will be done on it. All development efforts are now focused on LASG 2012 only.

The GAX component that LASG relies on are different versions in both VS 2010 and 2012. The one in 2010 is released by Microsoft and whereas, the 2012 version is an open-source version with different internal Ids.

You can try one very dangerous option. There is a .gpstate file in your solution folder and you can try deleting it. Once deleted, all LASG automation will be lost and you can try to re-enable it from the Guidance Package Manager again. Be warned that deleting it may cause other automation tools that rides on GAX to be loss as well so I would advise that you backup your solution before attempting it.

Take note that Workflows created in VS 2012 are not compatible in VS 2010 due to different xaml schemas being used.

Hugs,
Serena