This is the first public release of Layered Architecture Solution Guidance
integrated with Project Newton Code Generators. Apart from providing a list of solution templates, the extension now allows you to launch the built-in code generators to generate foundation code for your components in the layers. Take note that it is not meant to generate an entire application for you but just the code-blocks for you to get started in building your application.
This release contains the following solution templates:
- Layered Web Application
- Layered WCF Service Application
- Layered WCF/WF Service Application
- Layered Assorted UI Application
- Layered WPF Application
- Layered Windows Form Application
- Layered Azure Application
- Layered Silverlight 4 Application
- Empty Layered Application (new)
... and code generators (Build 4237):
- Inertia: Business Entity Component Generator Version 2.1
- Momentum: Data Access Component Generator Version 2.1
- Motion: Business Component Template Generator Version 1.7
- Velocity: Service Layer Generator Version 1.9
- Vector: Workflow Activities Generator Version 1.5
- Impulse: User Interface Process Component Generator Version 1.6
This release replaces the Layered Architecture Solutions Guidance Lite extension which is discontinued. Please upgrade to this release by uninstalling the lite version to leverage on the latest new features.
Please feel free to test it out and share your thoughts in Discussions
For Layered Azure Application, you will need to manually associate the Roles to the cloud project before compiling.Release 188.8.131.52
- Fixed: Append code file not appending correctly when code file is not saved.
- Fixed: IsUpdated can now be set to false.
- New: Added new Workflow Activity Designer project.
- New: Vector: Workflow Activity Generator now generates activity designers.
- New: Added INSERT, UPDATE, SELECT method type in Momentum: Data Access Component Generator
- Updated: Layered Azure Application now uses Windows Azure SDK 1.4 templates.
- New: Added the creation of Test project (for unit tests).
- New: Code generators will automatically load dlls of lower-level components if they exist in the bin folder.
- New: Vector: Workflow Activity Generator now supports AsyncCodeActivity