This is the third public release of Layered Architecture Solution Guidance
integrated with Project Newton Code Generators. Apart from providing a list of solution templates, the extension now allows you to launch the built-in code generators to generate foundation code for your components in the layers. Take note that it is not meant to generate an entire application for you but just the code-blocks for you to get started in building your application.
This release contains the following solution templates:
- Layered Web Application
- Layered WCF Service Application
- Layered WCF/WF Service Application
- Layered Assorted UI Application
- Layered WPF Application
- Layered Windows Form Application
- Layered Azure Application
- Layered Silverlight 4 Application
- Empty Layered Application
- Basic Layered Web Application (new)
- Basic Layered Windows Forms Application (new)
- Basic Layered WPF Application (new)
... and code generators (Build 4300):
- Inertia: Business Entity Component Generator Version 2.2
- Momentum: Data Access Component Generator Version 2.2
- Motion: Business Component Template Generator Version 1.8
- Velocity: Service Layer Generator Version 2.0
- Vector: Workflow Activities Generator Version 1.6
- Impulse: User Interface Process Component Generator Version 1.7
Please feel free to test it out and share your thoughts in Discussions
If you are working in a source control environment i.e. Team Foundation Server, please do not check-in the .gpstate file. Please ensure you keep a backup copy of the gpstate file.Release 220.127.116.11
Minor Bug FixesRelease 18.104.22.168
- New: Added Basic Layered Templates for applications that do not require services or workflows.
- New: Code Generators can now generate XML Comments (or placeholders).
- New: Inertia: BE Gen and Momentum: DAC Gen now "remembers" the previous server and database selection.
- New: Partial classes are now generated for BE, DAC, BC and UIPC.
- New: Added context menu for deleting items for code generation.
- New: Added link to Facebook fan page. :)
- New: Added option to selection Collection types to generate.
- New: Added checks to prevent applying XMLAttribute to Nullable columns in Inertia: BE Gen.
- New: Added option to generate classes with property change notifications (with base class) in Inertia: BE Gen.
- New: Added option to re-arrange the order of data access methods in Motion: BC Gen.
- New: Added configuration code generation for Fault Handlers in Velocity: SL Gen.
- New: Added duplicate checks on adding endpoint configuration in Velocity: SL Gen.
- New: Added support for creating Controller components directly from methods in Business Components in Impulse: UIPC Gen.
- Update : Layered Azure Application updated to use templates from Windows Azure SDK 1.5
- Fix: Layered Azure Application template now automatically adds the Web and Web Host projects to the AzureService roles.
- Fix: Fixed issue with Update/Delete/Select methods being generated incorrectly with duplicates in Momentum: DAC Gen.
- Fix: Fixed issue with Motion: BC Gen randomly crashing when selecting Data Access Components.