This release contains several bug fixes and enhancements to the Project Newton Code Generators. Take note that LASG is not meant to generate an entire application for you but just the code-blocks for you to get started in building your application.
This release contains the following solution templates:
- Layered Web Application
- Layered WCF Service Application
- Layered WCF/WF Service Application
- Layered Assorted UI Application
- Layered WPF Application
- Layered Windows Form Application
- Layered Azure Application
- Layered Windows Phone Application
- Layered Silverlight 4 Application
- Empty Layered Application
- Basic Layered Web Application (new)
- Basic Layered Windows Forms Application (new)
- Basic Layered WPF Application (new)
... and code generators (Build 4409):
- Inertia: Business Entity Component Generator Version 2.3
- Momentum: Data Access Component Generator Version 2.3
- Motion: Business Component Template Generator Version 1.9
- Velocity: Service Layer Generator Version 2.1
- Vector: Workflow Activities Generator Version 1.7
- Impulse: User Interface Process Component Generator Version 1.8
Please feel free to test it out and share your thoughts in Discussions
If you are working in a source control environment i.e. Team Foundation Server, please do not check-in the .gpstate file. Please ensure you keep a backup copy of the gpstate file.Release 188.8.131.52
- New: Added Delete Buttons in code generators.
- New: Option to reorder properties/method definition before code generation (Sort, Move Up, Move Down, Move to Top and Move to Bottom)
- New: "Add All Sources" function to rapidly generate classes using default settings (not available in Motion and Vector).
- New: Inertia - allows manual entry of property data type (Just in-case you need to map to your enums).
- New: Momentum - Support for Schema.
- New: Momentum - Option to "Add Connection String to Host Config file" (not mentioned in 184.108.40.206).
- New: Momentum - Additional list of method types.
- New: Momentum - Supports generation of Load methods for cleaner SELECT methods (may cause duplication if not careful).
- New: Motion - Streamlined DAC method selection.
- New: Motion - Supports drag-and-drop of DAC methods to selection.
- New: Motion - Option to generate empty workflow .xaml files for creating workflows.
- Change: Vector - Re-organized UI layout.
- New: Velocity - Option to generate Workflow configuration in Host web.config.