Source Code

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Hi Selena,

I just read an Issue - I couldn't add a comment, so I opened another one....

Open "unzipped" the vsix, and I see a few dll's in it - Generator.BC etc - could you post / add the source code of these?....

Reason for it is because I would love to adjust it to effectively generate my project with it - with my own naming conventions...

Thnx, Lars
Coordinator
Mar 22, 2013 at 1:18 AM
Hi Lars,

Currently, I'm unable to provide the source code for this project. It is hard for me as I'm bounded by a certain terms that I can only provide this as a free tool at this moment. However, I will still pursue to make the source available some day.

At the mean time, perhaps you can share what you have in mind and perhaps I can integrate it for you in future releases?

FYI, I have enabled the feature to allow developers to customize the namespace being generated in code in the next version. However, due to some design limitations, the code generators still depends heavily on the suffix names of the projects. This is because, LASG does not create its own set of templates but reuses existing class library templates that are provided by Visual Studio.

Hugs,
Serena
Mar 22, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Hi Selena,

First off, thanks for the quick reply!... Didn't expect this... Thanks...

Sounds you've done the underlying code with somebody/some organization which wants "to sit on it" - and you're trying to find the boundaries of this "limitation"... Correct?

.... Can't you change the code so it is "yours"...? (.... which I think you've done already - changing it....)

About the code and its shortcomings - as of my own uses... I only got into your project yesterday, and then only for a half an hour, but it looks good, actually comes close to how I am thinking of doing my own monstrous project - I'm trying to build what normally 20 FTE build in a year...

I'm using 14 databases, with different caching demands, all web service oriented, towards several presentation layers...

One example - the first thing I would want to change is... I have a table called "Caches", which is singularized to "cach" - so I'm guessing you use an old script, which hasn't the exception of caches->cache in it.... just to mention...

.... there are so many changes I would like to make.....

Cheers, Lars
Coordinator
Mar 29, 2013 at 1:18 AM
Hi Lars,

It is a good discovery that the singularization failed for the word 'Caches'. I checked it on Entity Framework and it seem they too have the same problem LOL. Anyhow, that has been fixed in the next version.

Hugs,
Serena