Code Generators in VS2013

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:29 AM
First of all, thanks a lot for this wonderful initiative.

We were able to successfully install the Visual Studio 2013 package to create the LASG solution structure for our project. However the code generation options are not working properly and I am not able to see the Code/Component Generators from the solution explorer for each of the projects in the right click menu.

Am I missing something? Would really appreciate some inputs on this.

Thanks in advance!
Coordinator
Feb 6, 2014 at 3:35 AM
Hi,

Here are some thoughts:
  1. Did you install OpenGAX?
  2. Can you go to Tools -> Guidance Package Manager -> Enable/Disable Packages... , check on the checkbox beside Layered Architecture Solution Guidance 2013 and click OK. Do this when your solution is opened.
  3. If it doesn't work, can you try reinstalling from http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/caa8f808-d4a5-4f48-a88e-da572834f37e
  4. What is the name you gave to your solution and projects? The code generators only appear on certain projects i.e. .Data, .Entities, .Business
Hugs,
Serena
Marked as answer by eayyar77 on 2/5/2014 at 9:37 PM
Feb 6, 2014 at 5:46 AM
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tools -> Guidance Package Manager -> Enable/Disable Packages did the trick :)

Can't thank you enough for your work on this project. We couldn't think of a better architecture on an ongoing high visibility project !! My organization will make sure to credit your amazing effort in our presentation slides and code.

Regards,

Easwar